Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Shader Update

Added shaders for the candle wick and vase.  I played with the metal shader, but I don't like where its at right now.



 So I have added an environment light to the scene, and it helps the candles immensely.  I've also added shaders for the shoji screen, plate, and desk.





Candles- still need to handle the wick, and I think the light from the flame could travel a little further into the wax.

Shoji- I'm pretty happy with the paper part of the screen, though it might be a little too noisy.  I may need to bring the colors back a little, and possibly add a noise/dirt map to break it up more.  The wood is the PRMAN oak grain shader, just darker.

Desk- I used the PRMAN oak grain shader again, but I did break up the top of the desk with a checkerboard so I could create planks of different wood.  Its subtle, but I think it helps.  It might need a little more displacement in the inbetween plank cracks.

Plate- Pretty happy with the porcelain feel of the plate.  Maybe a little too reflective?  I'd like to add a pattern in the blue rim, but only if there's time.

Frame- still need to handle this...

Vase- still need to handle...

Incense- still need to handle...

Pewter- still need to handle, but I'm hoping I can steal from someone else's scene, at least to start. 

Environment Map- Currently an office scene, so I need to find an image that will work better for my scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment