Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Lighting Challenge: New Composition

I've rearranged my composition again.  I decided to try and emphasize a center grouping, so the vase, plate, frame, and lit candle are positioned more together.  The other candles will be unlit.  This will clarify my light direction/source.  Later, I can light the other candles if there is time.  Here's the new composition.






Shader Update:

Candle- Feeling pretty good about it.  Will need to duplicate and make an unlit candle one without the incandescence on the wick.

Plate- Pretty good.

Vase- I'm happy with the ceramic feel to it, and I like the pattern around the center.  Will refine if necessary... dirt map?

Wood- Probably needs a second pass of dirt, grunge, fingerprints, etc, just to break up the wood texture.  Seams in table would be good too.

Shoji Screen Paper- Pretty happy with it, but the small bits of darker fibers need to be smaller- little too blotchy.

Metal- Still in progress.  I'm actually reworking some RSL code to get it where I want.  Need to hook up reflections.

Frame- Haven't started yet, since I just recently added it back in.

Incense- Haven't tackled yet, but should be similar to the wick on the candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment